Seiten

Mellow Yellow

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Good Evening! 
A wise blogger once said to me "Don't blog for anyone else but yourself" or something to that effect. I really am enjoying my ramblings here, the enjoyment of knowing people are reading is a lovely bonus! I have just hit one thousand page views, thank you! I belive I have a grand total of 8 followers and I'm sure you 8 don't add up to 1,000 views! So I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to who ever out there is taking the time to read!

On the weekend I went to a beautiful wedding in Wiltshire. It was absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony took place in a local church, and the rest of the day was in a marquee in a field with shetland ponies! Being female, when I hear the rattle of a wedding invite through the letter box, my first thought is "DRESS SHOPPING!".

I ended up with a very Ashton-esque dress from JOY, a store which has recently opened near Cabot Circus in Bristol. I was ridiculously organised/excited and so I bought a dress 2 months early, meaning it's sadly no longer available. However I visited again this week and their Autumn/Winter stock is all gorgeous!
I really recommend popping in.
Joy has a really nice vibe. As much as I love to nip in & out of Primark sometimes, occasionally I like a bit of time and attention from a shop assistant (a little bit of neediness never hurt anybody!). The Joy staff have it down without pestering or hovering. Thumbs up all round.


This is the dress! A really lovely 50's shape with a lemon print. Unusual, but still suitable. 
Teamed with a white H&M blazerNext yellow satchel and nude Primark heels my mum called 'Kate Middleton style'.
Thought I'd also give a shoutout to how hot-diggidy-dayumn handsome my boyfriend looked whilst I'm here too!

Obbbbvvvviiiously I matched my nails to my dress! (Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream


Have you shopped in Joy? Have you worn yellow during summer 2014? Do you love it or hate it?

'til next time, much lovin'!

Ashton xxx


P.S. I think I've realised I need to up my game if I'm going to do outfit posts!
(I am new on the blogging scene, don't forget!).





2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful dress, perfect for a wedding. I bought some yellow jelly shoes from ASOS this summer and it love the pop of colour they give to an outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theres so much mustard yellow around at the moment aswell. I don't think I'll fear it anymore :D x

      Delete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner