Seiten

Don't Want No Scrubs (wait, yes I do)

Sunday 7 September 2014

Hello!

It's been a small while hasn't it? I've still been super busy with the 'secret project' I mentioned previously. But it's almost finished!

I've found a brilliant blog by Ethereal Aura Spa which goes into some real detail about skin and skincare. I found this post about St Ives apricot scrub particularly interesting, and there's another about Pro Activ. The blog goes into great detail about ingredients and in a nutshell I have learnt that a lot of scrubs are full of synthetic crap which strips the skins surface leaving it open to bacteria, and it's no good! I discovered the Avon exfoliater I raved about a few weeks ago has a lot of the same ingredients! So I decided it's time for a change!


The awesome thing about blogging is that I feel like I know everyone! I've mentioned Melody before, but did I mention she works in Lush?! Melody demonstrated Ocean Salt on my hand in store and I was so impressed I went for a large tub of the stuff. Melody also told me that most exfoliators have loads of plastic in them, gross! But Ocean Salt has... salt! (Duh). Ocean Salt gives that amazing 'Oh my god my face is so CLEAN!' feeling. Theres grapefruit and lime in there too, yum! 

Melody also gave me some samples of Catastrophe Cosmetic and BB Seaweed and facemasks.  Catasrophe Cosmetic felt calming and soothing, and has blueberry bits in. But what I love in a mask is the feeling of 'sucking out' all the badness in my skin. The seaweed mask does exactly that, sometimes your skin just needs something to get rid of the old and make room for the new! Lush offer a free full size mask if you bring back 5 empty pots, I'm nearly there and BB Seaweed is definitely the one I've got my eye on for next time! 

I also bought myself a comforter bubble bar because it's my absolute favourite Lush product and I can't walk in there without buying one! It's half used in this photo because I'm fresh from the bath as we speak! I usually find I get about 3 baths from one bar. 


Tell me your Lush skincare experiences! I'm keen to know what is worth buying! 
I am '@ashtonlewsey' on both Twitter and Instagram! Say hello! 

Ashton xxx



1 comment:

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner