Seiten

What Have I Been Up To?

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Hello!

So at the moment, I'm on holiday from work. It was my boyfriend's birthday yesterday, and my best friend's today! I thought I'd write a little bit about what I've been up to.

For Rhys' birthday I wanted to go for a bit of a fancy breakfast. I was recommended a new Argentinian inspired steakhouse called CAU (pronounced 'cow') which has just opened on The Triangle (top of Park St, Bristol). Their brunch menu had so much to choose from, we went for the full shebang just because well... if you can't on a birthday then when can you? There was fancy egg options and pancake type stuff to choose from too!

The place had an awesome edgy kind of vibe. Earlier in the year we visitied Berlin and CAU had a very similar atmosphere! Lots of clean white decor, a funky style of friendly staff and crazy light fixtures. This doesn't mean the food is comprised by any means! I intend to return for the evening menu, as there was a seafood spaghetti which sounds right up my street! The blackpudding on my breakfast almost tasted creamy, if that's possible?! CAU also had a good children's menu, and a little ipod thing which was pre-loaded with games and safety features, a nifty idea I thought!






In the evening, we went for a gorgeous meal in Greens on Zetland road. It was nice to get all dressed up because I haven't done so for a while! I had pork belly to start, and haddock for my main. We noticed that the menu the date at the top, which I assume means they have different meals each day. This is a really nice touch, I love it when restaurants use seasonal vegetables. For me, it makes me feel like some real care and consideration has gone into the food I'm eating. Delicious!



After our food we all met up for a multi-birthday drinking session, at one of Bristol's best kept secrets! The Milk Thistle is whats known as a 'speak easy' bar. It's a little hidden gem, with no front exterior. It's basically an inconspicuous door in the middle of town. You ring the door bell, and the bartenders come and let you in. If you didn't know it was there, you'd have no idea! The Milk Thistle has a really varied cocktail menu, so there's something to please every taste. I haven't taken any photos, because that would ruin the surprise and I'm not sure you're allowed! We then carried on for a few more at Hyde & Co, which I would describe as the sassy sibling of The Milk Thistle. Exactly the same concept, tucked away just off the triangle. I'm not going to give you exact locations because finding them is part of the fun! I promise you it's worth it, highly recommended.  


Tomorrow we are off to Beacons Festival. I am a little nervous as I'm not very experienced when it comes to camping, and I'm a self confessed 'high maintenance princess' kind of gal! But I've done a lot of prep, I think I've got everything covered. I've got all sorts of cleansing samples and mini bottles going on. As well as lots of glitter and dry shampoo!
What are you festival essentials?! Do you have any last minute tips for me before I go?

Tweet me or Instagram me: @ashtonlewsey 

Thanks for reading!


Ashton xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner