Seiten

What Does It Take To HOST A Blogger Event?

Monday 4 August 2014

Hello! This blog has only been alive for 2 days and it's had about 170 views. I am over the moon, thank you! Please do Tweet or Instagram me if you're reading, especially if you have a blog for me to nose at!

I thought I'd write about the process of holding an event for bloggers. As I previously mentioned, I've done it a few times now. I am mega totes keen to do more in the not so distant future!



You may recognise me from recents posts by Maliberry Make upBekyLouA Simple MelodyThe Style Rawr, and Eltoria's Secret.

(Myself and the girls, and my awesome manager Joseph!)

On joining Bare Minerals, I wanted to get the word out! Ya see, it isn't just a job for me, I'm not just spouting salesman bollocks, I really truly love the stuff. Minerals are my jam!

I wanted to host a medium sized event, with a medium sized group of girls. So why did I pick these particular five? (I should also mention I invited lovely Jetley Mess but she couldn't come due to work)

All of these girls are friendly, funny and honest. Their blogs aren't pretentious, they aren't boring , they aren't repetitive, and they've got character! I'm going to be making weekly 'Featured Blog' posts soon, and I'll be retouching on each individually as well as others.
These guys have everything I look for in a blog; a chatty tone and little personal touches. I love a good product review, but more than anything I love to know about the writer herself.


So what actually happens at these things?! 
Well... I gave a bit of a talk about Bare skincare, because it's AWESOME and like no other skincare that any other brand does! I demo'd the Get Started Kit, which is the basic mineral kit everyone needs.

Then everyone got to have their faces done. We were all having a giggle, eating cakes, drinking Pepsi. I'm thinking "Is this really work?!". It is, and it can be hard work, but I love it!

I'll tell you a secret, I was TERRIFIED! I've got a B in A-level drama, but that was about 6 years ago mate and I'm not used to public speaking even if it is only a teeny group! I was worried I'd run out of things to tell the girls about each product. I think I nailed it, but don't take my word for it, check out the girl's reviews! 



Not only that, the girls got a delicious little goody bag to take away!
Next time I host an event like this, I'd like to do it with a group of girls I've never ever met! Just to test my ability a little bit more. This gang, I either knew from previous events or had twitter chats with. 
So if you'd like to get your name down for the next event, or just fancy coming in for a one-on-one with me, send me a tweet or drop me an email! I'm keen! 

Ashton xxx


1 comment:

  1. You did great for your first event! Can't wait for the next one :) x

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner