Seiten

Amps, Alcohol and Acne.

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Hello Dolls!

I spent the weekend at Beacons Festival, situated in the beautiful Yorkshire dales. Beacons is really cute little local festival.
It was also really arty, which is right up my street! I watched a film called Tuvalu in the middle of the night in a tent on a bean bag. I did a bracelet making workshop on a blanket outside an adorable caravan/jewellery shop called Craftevan, I highly recommend checking out their etsy. I took part in a Whiksy Tasting Workshop. I don't even like Whisky, but my boyfriend loves the stuff, it was so informative and awesome to listen to someone with such a passion!

I confess, I slept in my make-up. I drunkely made a vague facewipe attempt, but that's it. I drank more rough cider than a young lady should, and ate more bacon than anyone should. When I landed back in Bristol I was greeted by a certain 'lady friend' of the month. This is all a very good recipe for a gang of the dreaded pimple.

(a brave image)

I've suffered with spots since I was about 12. I've come to terms with the fact that it's not just teens who get them, I am now 24. I mostly get painful, sore under the skin spots which feel worse than they look,  I also get nasty ugly blackheads. I'm a nightmare for picking and squeezing, I'll attack my skin even if there's hardly anything there, and cause redness and scaring.
I actually think it may be linked to my anxiety, but that's another story for another day. 

So what do I do when I get a breakout? I definitely don't sit there and take it!
This is my Blemish Busting kit! 


The Avon 'Clearskin' range is such good value! I use the Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask (usually £5, currently half price!) because it's such a good dupe for the Origins Clear Improvement Mask (£23). I've had full sized tubes of both in the past, and I honestly believe they are of equal quality. They're both are clay based, and both give that feeling of 'sucking' out the bad stuff! 


Here's an image with the mask both wet and dry. I really hate the feeling of a drying face mask, but oh boy it sure does the job. 

Avon also do the best exfoliator I've ever used*! Their Pore Penetrating Invigorating Scrub (usually £4, currently £2) has a slightly minty fragrance, the texture is almost sandy. It feels really organic, I'm not a fan of synthetic spherical beads, I like a good gritty texture which you can work right into your pores!
I am more than willing to part with my money if I think something works, I'll happily buy expensive products. But if I believe something works and it's cheap, happy days as far as I'm concerned!  

(left - the scrub in squeezed out form and smushed form
right - the mask both wet and dry)


Finally, Freederm! I've tried nearly every spot treatment on the market. I think I'll be buying Origins Super Spot Remover on payday, as it's highly recommended by every Bblogger and Beauty consultant I know. But in the mean time, Freederm does it for me. It gives that "hey, I'm working!" tingle, and the pharmacist warns you it could bleach your sheets... which I see as a good thing!
I've also tried Benzoyl Peroxide on prescription, and I still think Freederm does a better job at speeding the healing. 


So there we have it! Hopefully I'll be updating you tomorrow and will have woken up with a glorious clear face. 
On a serious note, I would LOVE to know your acne remedies, as it is like fighting a losing battles sometimes! I will try everything and anything.
Please do tweet me, or even email me. All links are over on the right hand side!  

'Til next time, Bitches!
(Watched too much Ru Paul's Drag Race Today) 

Ashton xxx


* I haven't yet used the Bare Minerals exfoliator. It's probably the best ;) 


1 comment:

  1. I love Witch's Blemish Gel... I leave it on overnight and everything looks so much better in the morning. Amie's Spring Clean mask is nice too for really drawing out impurities.

    I used to have moderate acne and I used Benzoyl Peroxide for years... bleached flannels and pillowcases everywhere! I actually finally got rid of it by switching to Boots' Cucumber range and that seemed to sort it because I wasn't attacking my skin with so much stuff. My skin is pretty good now thankfully so I can try new products without worrying about breaking out :)

    x x x

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner