Seiten

Urban Massage Review*

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Hello!

Let me tell you my previous experience of massage. I used to think paying for someone to rub you was a strange concept, until one day when I decided to do the very same. Since then I've had dozens of massages, some bad some good. I was lucky enough to be offered a complimentary massage from Urban Massage, a company who already have a great reputation in London and recently launched in Bristol, and they are fabulous!

The aim of the game is of course to relax, both the body and mind. It's really tough sometimes to put down the iPhone and just.... do nothing, think of nothing, chill. I am guilty of having an over-active brain, massage is an opportunity to put that to bed.
I also struggle with back pain, due to the fact I spend 80% of my time hunched up feeling the cold. So I definitely wasn't about to say no to a free massage! I was a little apprehensive however, as this was going to take place in my home rather than a spa...
Urban Massage is an app, in which you can book a professional massage in the comfort of your own home! It's really simple to use, you just select the type of treatment you'd like, select a time, and select the available therapist.
 I decided to go for a Deep Tissue massage, in the afternoon on my day off. I'd spent the morning at a yoga class, going for a swim and chilling in the sauna. It's all very self indulgent, which I make no apologies for! Sometimes you just have to be kind to yourself. 
The therapist arrived on time and was friendly and professional, assessing any problems I suffer with and what areas I'd like her to concentrate on. Personally, when getting a massage in a spa I usually end up feeling guilty which ruins the experience for me! I know this sounds ridiculous, but I've spoken to many therapists who have told me they are often paid terribly, and expected to do back-to-back massage for very little pay! Which is of course, really exhausting physical work with little or no personal interaction. I had a bit of a cheeky chat with my therapist and found out she's able to fit Urban Massage around her life, they pay a really fair wage, and she really enjoys it! I was able to enjoy my massage knowing that she enjoys her work. 

I would definitely recommend Urban Massage! It was really nice that when it was all finished, I was at home! I was smelling good, I had some candles lit and I could just enjoy being chilled out! Rather than having to leave a spa and walk to a bus stop and be thrown back into real life! 

I've been given a code for my readers to recieve £10 off a massge, click this link to book online (you don't have to use the app) or us the code 'RASHTON2M'. Spoil yourself!

Thanks for reading! Any questions don't hesitate to get in contact! 

Ashton xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner